* 1908 in Mainz
† 1974 in Orselina/Ticino
- studied architecture at the Technical College in Offenbach/Main, at the Kunstgewerbeschule Aachen and the Cologne Werkschulen; master student of Dominikus Böhm
- 1929 Diploma under H. Karlinger
- 1928–1940 colleague of Rudolf Schwarz
- from 1934 churches and doctors’ housing in Frankfurt and Offenbach/M.
- 1940–1945 executive position in the Rimpl office, Berlin
- from 1945 freelance architect in Frankfurt/M.
- from 1947 planning for the reconstruction of the Paulskirche, Frankfurt/M.; design of buildings in prefabricated assembly form; French Embassy, Bad Godesberg; German Embassy in New Delhi
- numerous public buildings and commercial buildings; urban planning projects
- 1954 professorship at the Städelschule, Frankfurt/M.