* 1910 in Vallendar
† 1985 in Frankfurt am Main
- studied architecture at the Hessische Höhere Bauschule Offenbach/M., Diploma 1934
- until 1936 colleague of Martin Weber, master builder of churches, Frankfurt/M.
- from 1936 Rimpl office, Heinkel Flugzeugwerke, Rostock, industrial buildings
- from 1946 joint office with A. Giefer; numerous new and reconstruction projects, housing and church construction mainly in Frankfurt/M.
- 1950–1953 reconstruction of the Imperial Cathedral Frankfurt
- 1950–1970 Rhine-Main Airport
- from 1980 reconstruction of the Leinwandhaus, Frankfurt/M.